images used for the cover page

Information about the images that have been used for the cover page or home page of this site.

All photographs have been taken for the site and copyright for all commercial use applies but images may be used on non-commercial web sites if the source of the photograph is given as danish design review


Sortedams Dossering 101-103, Copenhagen

The apartment building with its main front to the lake was designed by Ib Lunding (1895-1983) and was completed in 1938.


Tekstilt finér by Else-Rikke Bruun

Submitted for Biennalen for Kunsthåndværk og Design in August 2015


Kids' City

a major new school in Christianshavn designed by COBE and opened in 2016



Vesterport on Vesterbrogade in Copenhagen - a prominent building close to the central railway station - designed by Ole Falkentorp and Povl Baumann and completed in 1931.


lecture theatre, Museet for Søfart, Helsingør

the national Maritime Museum in Helsingør designed by Bjarke Ingels


work without title by Søren Thygesen

shown at Biennalen for Kunsthåndværk og Design in August 2015 and now in the collection at Designmuseum Danmark


Olafur Eliasson

models and trial pieces from the studio that were shown at the exhibition Riverbed at Louisiana from August 2014 through to January 2015


textile by Arne Jacobsen

designed for the stage curtain at Munkegård school in Gentofte - photograph taken at Designmuseum Danmark in Copenhagen


Aria by Dögg Gudmundsdottir

exhibited at the Cabinetmakers' Autumn exhibition in 2015


ceramics by Kristina Vildersbøll

a ceramicist from Copenhagen - photographed at Finders Keepers in September 2015


Frederiksvej Kindergarten

a school designed by COBE - the Copenhagen team of designers and architects - and opened in 2015




techniques, pattern and colour by Alex Krissberg

exhibited at the Round Tower in Copenhagen in the exhibition Silica - a graduation show for students from the Danish Royal Academy School at Nexø on the island of Bornholm


Copenhagen School of Design and Technology (KEA)

designed by Bertelsen + Scheving and completed in 2013