a light from Secto
Through the period of 3daysofdesign, the work of a number of designers and manufacturers from Finland were shown at the Design Werck gallery.
These companies included:
- Nikari the well-established maker of furniture from Fiskars in Finland
- Gedigo Piece from Naantali making kitchenware and household products - many combining wood and leather
- Langø Home Textiles for woven textiles and bed linens.
- Magisso - a company from Helsinki for glassware, ceramics, tableware and kitchenware
- Feathr for bold distinctive wallpapers and textiles
- Secto for distinctive and finely-made wood lamp shades
The event was organised with Finpro - the Finnish trade and tourism organisation - and was an important opportunity to look at good design from another Nordic country.
earlier posts on this site:
the 4210 floor lamp from Secto from September 2013
pendant lights from Secto from December 2013
Log Carrier in leather with a wood handle by Gedigo Piece
"For us luxury is about the quality
of the item, the craftsmanship
and the story behind it.
"Inspired by the harsh, mysterious
Arctic and made of materials from
the pure Finnish nature."
Four of the bold wallpaper designs from Feathr
"Good design is for everyone. We created FEATHR to put modern art into everyone’s hands via the medium of designer wallpaper, fabrics and cushions. We’re not super-expensive and nose-in-the air-snobby. We work smart and use modern digital tools to keep our company lighter than a Victoria sponge, whilst making sure a good slice of the cake goes straight to the artists. We’re inspired by the like of Morris and Eames who wanted modern design to be for everyone."
Stacking glasses from Magisso and a selection of their jugs in a specially developed ceramic that when soaked in cold water uses evaporation to keep the contents cool
"Best solutions grow from personal frustration."